GFF is pleased to present the 6th Annual RBC ®
$10,000 Emerging Filmmaker Competition
ENTRY DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2017
Are you an emerging filmmaker? Do you have an idea for a short film you are desperate to make? Are you over the age of 18 and a resident of Manitoba? Are you prepared to complete your 3 – 5 minute short film in one year’s time for a premiere screening at the 18th edition of the Gimli Film Festival? If yes, we want you!…
The RBC® Emerging Filmmaker Competition is open to anyone who has:
- Less than three of years experience in filmmaking.
- Some completed basic training – can be formal (university or college studies) or informal (production courses, workshops, hands-on experience in media arts production), etc.
- At least one completed independent film or video work that has been presented in a professional or film industry related context.
If you qualify – the Gimli Film Festival will give you an opportunity to pitch your project idea to a panel of professional producers in front of a live audience during this year’s Gimli Film Festival. We would like you to be able to describe your story idea, indicate some knowledge of the budgeting process, describe your ideal cast and crew and talk about your overall vision for the project.
If you win – you will receive:
- $10,000* to make your film courtesy of RBC;
- A story editing mentorship with National Screen Institute Canada.
- Premiere screening of your film at the 2018 Gimli Film Festival
*Over the next year, the $10,000 will be released in four installments: $2,500 on approval of a final script; $2,500 on first day of principal photography; $2,500 on completion of photography; $2,500 on delivery of finished project
Then download the application, and follow and complete all parts of the application checklist and send to:
RBC Emerging Filmmaker Contest
or email application to: email@example.com