août 6, 2015
New Media Manitoba is Hiring a New Media Office Manager!
OFFICE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
t : 888 444-2556
w : newmediamanitoba.com
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of New Media Manitoba (NMM), the Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks of the organization, establishing and maintaining office policies, as well as the safe and efficient running of the (virtual) office and program activities. The Office Manager provides financial and administrative support to the Executive Director and internal New Media Manitoba team-members as required.
Job type: Fulltime employment.
Salary Range: $36,000 – $45,000 dependent on experience
- Assist New Media Manitoba in writing reports and completing required paperwork for training programs, business development initiatives, market access activities, registration for events and membership applications.
- Coordinate events and industry activities alongside NMM team.
- Attend NMM events and support training activities
- Schedule meetings, order food, prepare documents and take notes during specified meetings.
- Assist Bookkeeper and Accountant in preparing for the annual Financial Audit.
- Establish and maintain office policies and digital workflow tools.
- Engage and respond to outside communications including email, phone, and social media where required.
- Regularly review funding contracts and assist Executive Director and staff with deadlines and deliverables.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently within budgetary constraints. This includes:
- The safe and adequate operation of all office equipment including liaison with service providers.
- Accounting for and ordering all office supplies in a timely manner; and,
- Making recommendations regarding: repair, replacement, maintenance and potential cost-savings regarding equipmentand office supplies.
- Oversee and make recommendations regarding procedures and general office operation.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of their own computer system including the regular back up of data;
- Oversee the electronic and hard copy filing systems for all team-members to ensure consistency and ease of use;
- Maintaining an up-to-date operations and procedure manual that is readily available to the appropriate team-members.
- Facilitate communication within the office regarding events, activities, meetings, etc. This includes maintaining an up-to-
- date general calendar of (local, national and international) industry events in collaboration with the Training Director. Supervise administrative volunteers.
- Minimum 2-years experience in a related position.
- Proven organizational, administrative and bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in a deadline-driven context.
- Post-secondary education and/or training in administration and bookkeeping.
- Ability to establish and work with online or cloud-based office management tools.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks preferred.
- An interest in the new media industry is an asset.
Interested parties can send a pdf of their background and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject line “Office Manager.”
Closing date for applications is Friday, August 14, 2015, or until we find the right person. We thank all that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.